When developing this budget, ask the following questions:
- Is profit expected from registration or exhibits?
- Should social functions break even or make a profit?
- Will there be outside funding or grants for portion of revenue?
- Then, use recent registration trends and history to determine registration income.
- Consider changes in economic environment that may affect registration.
- Be conservative in arriving at income estimates.
- Consider investment income (larger meetings) interest earned on advanced registration and exhibit space rental fees.
- Determine all sponsorships.