Safe Harbor Certification
Dolce complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Dolce has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
The Information We Collect
When you use the Website, when you use our services, or when you enter promotions, drawings, or sweepstakes, you may provide us with personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, personal interests, telephone number, and other information (collectively, the “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you visit the Website unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily (for example, by booking a room, signing up for our special promotions, registering for an account, or sending us a message).
We may automatically collect other types of non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Website such as your network location, the IP address of your computer, and what sections of the Website you visit.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
If you provide us with Personal Information, we will use such Personal Information to contact you about our products and/or services about which you have expressed interest. We may also use the Personal Information to inform you about other products and services that may be available through Dolce, our family of companies, and/or companies with which we have a marketing relationship, and to provide you a customer survey to assess your satisfaction with our products and services. Also, we may share Personal Information with third parties as described below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers, we might aggregate Personal Information that is provided through the Website. In aggregate form, this Personal Information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our business affiliates and agents. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business affiliates and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- As long as you have explicitly consented, we may from time to time share your Personal Information with other companies which may provide you with information about the products and services they offer. However, you will have the opportunity to stop this sharing by giving a notice of objection at any time. Please send the notice to: email@example.com.
- If we or any of our family of companies (or all or substantially all of our assets or the assets of any of our family of companies) are acquired, we expect that the Personal Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the Personal Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dolce or others.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to Personal Information that you have provided to us by e-mailing Dolce at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Dolce marketing e-mails. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account with Dolce.
How We Protect Visitor Information
We strive to maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, we are unable to guarantee that security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that the Personal Information will remain secure under all circumstances.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
a. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
b. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
Dolce abides by the Safe Harbor principles set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of applicable data from the European Union and Switzerland. However, it is important to note that the Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any Personal Information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website, by providing us Personal Information when using our services, and by entering promotions, drawings, or sweepstakes, you consent to this transfer.
External Web Websites
How to Contact Us
Dolce International, Inc.
22 Paris Ave.
Rockleigh, NJ 07647
Last Updated September 1, 2014